PEANUT BUTTER COCONUT OIL DOG TREATS
• 1 cup Peanut Butter, All Natural / Organic
• 1 cup Coconut Oil, Organic
• 1 tsp Cinnamon
• 1/2 cup Oatmeal, Optional
• 2 Tbsp Flax Seed, Optional
1. Microwave coconut oil to soften if needed.
2. Add in peanut butter, cinnamon and any optional ingredients then stir until mixture is well mixed. Note: mixture should be thick, but pourable.
3. Pour mixture into silicone ice cube trays and refrigerate or freeze until set.
Pop dog treats out and serve them to your pup! (Store in an air-tight container and keep in refrigerator.)
Yield: depends on size of ice cube trays
It improves overall skin and coat health (it moisturizes and reduces itchiness due to allergies or eczema), but it’s also been linked to preventing diabetes and heart disease.
*Start with about 1/4 dose of coconut oil and gradually increase over the course of several weeks so your pup can get acclimated if needed by decreasing coconut oil in recipe.